With Hang Gliding, Kiteboarding, Kayak Eco-Tours, a reproduction 1902 Wright Glider and many other educational, historical and high adventure activities, Kitty Hawk Kites is the adventure outfitter for your group. We have worked with groups upwards of 100+ people for some of our recreation activities.
New in 2018 for groups 20-100+
- Delta Kite Design and Kite Fly
Kitty Hawk Kites is one of the leading kite companies in the United States and is conveniently located across the street from Jockey’s Ridge. With plenty of parking at the Jockey’s Ridge Crossing Shopping Plaza, bring your group to Kitty Hawk Kites to make and color a simple delta kite that they can then fly on Jockey’s Ridge. This Delta kite kit is made of rip-stop fabric and durable fiberglass spars. It comes with it’s own carrying bag for easy storage and travel. The Kite is ready for decorating with acrylic paint, crayons or permanent markers – your participants will have the opportunity to decorate, fly and take home their very own custom kite! Kitty Hawk Kites will support your group with a Kite making/flying leader to help guide your group with any questions they may have.
- 1902 Wright Glider Historical Presentation
Kitty Hawk Kites is now teaching people how to fly a museum quality replica of the 1902 Wright Glider at Jockey’s Ridge State Park in Nags Head, NC. This location is actually the site dedicated to commemorating the historic soaring record, which Orville set in October 1911 of 9 minutes 45 seconds. Join Kitty Hawk Kites for an hour long presentation about the design, story and historical significance of the 1902 Glider’s part in the amazing story of the Wright Brothers triumph at Kitty Hawk. You will not only learn an incredible history of perseverance, tenacity and ingenuity, but you will also get to literally look and feel the aircraft in your very own hands at one of the very locations where the Brothers flew more than 100 years ago.
Group Activities & Adventures
Some of the activities and adventures that we work with are perfect for small groups and others for large and small. Some activities may not offer more than 4-5 participants at a time, so group rates may not be available in those instances. We encourage you to look at all the adventures that we have to offer and contact us about which ones sound like a fun experience for your group. Here are some examples of activities/adventures that we can help you plan:
- Beginner Hang Gliding Lesson
- perfect for groups of 10-25 participants (larger groups require two classes)
- ages 4 and up!
- ~3 Hours
- Jockey’s Ridge State Park – Nags Head, NC
- Tandem Hang Gliding Flights to 2000′
- perfect for groups of 8-30 participants
- ages 10 and up!
- fly up to 6 people per hour (24 people would take ~3.5 hours)
- Cotton Gin Flight Park – Jarvisburg, NC
- Corolla Wild Horse 4×4 Tour
- can accommodate 100+ participants
- all ages (some car seat restrictions for kids under 45 lbs)
- Corolla, NC
- Dolphin Charter
- up to 36 passengers per vessel (2 vessels available)
- all ages
- Kitty Hawk Kites – Nags Head/Manteo, NC
- Kayak Eco Tours: Kitty Hawk Maritime Forest
- up to 40 participants per tour (double kayaks)
- ages 12 and up for this qty (younger available for smaller tours)
- Kitty Hawk Woods Coastal Preserve – Kitty Hawk, NC
- Surf Lessons
- perfect for groups up to 10-20 participants
- ages 7 and older
- several locations on the Outer Banks, NC
Peak & Off-Peak Group Rates
The Outer Banks has come a long way since the Wright Brothers visited over 100 years ago! Ideally we would like to have your group participate during an “Off-Peak” period as we are typically less busy and better able to meet all your needs. If the Off-Peak days/times, don’t work for you, we will definitely try to accommodate you during a Peak period, but as it may require additional resources, the rate may be more of a premium rate.
- Peak Rate Periods
- Week days during the summer months: June, July & August
- Weekends during the off-season months: January – May and September – December
- During some Holiday Periods
- Easter: Monday before until the Friday
- Memorial Day Monday
- Labor Day Monday
- Thanksgiving: Friday and Saturday following
- Off-Peak Periods
- Week days during the off-season months: January – May and September – December
- Weekends during the summer months: June, July & August
Please send us a question if you have a question about the peak and off-peak periods. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .