For our mermaid classes, we provide FinFun “Mermaiden” tails with a monofin included. The tails are made of a polyester and spandex blend, making them breathable and stretchable for the wearer’s comfort. They are designed to fit snug and comfortable at the waist. Tail length is based on measurement from navel to ankle.
The monofin insert is built for speed, durability and comfort. The shape is custom molded from polypropylene material and they are lightweight and flexible. Built-in ridges aid in powerful propulsion and realistic fish-like movements. The monofin is encased in a neoprene sleeve with two holes at the top to keep feet secure, but not restricted.
Please refer to the sizing chart to find out which tail is right for you!
Tail safety: As with all of our activities, safety comes first and fun comes second. If you plan to purchase your own tail from one of our retail locations, or simply to use one of ours for class, we want you to know the do’s and don’ts of your mermaid tail.
- Always swim with adult supervision and never swim alone.
- Put the monofin on at the water’s edge.
- Do not hop in the monofin
- Only swim with a mermaid tail where you are comfortable swimming without one.
- “Know your limit, stay within it.”
- Do not attempt skills the mermaid tail that you cannot do without a tail.
- Respect the water.
- Know where you are swimming and the conditions of the water.
- Learn to remove the tail easily and practice doing so.
- Don’t try to use the monofin as a flotation device.
- Breathe normally. Don’t dive too deep or hold your breath.
- Always watch where you are going. You will swim faster with a mermaid tail than without.