- Can I pay for our activity/adventure with Kitty Hawk Kites when we arrive?
- Kitty Hawk Kites requires full payment ahead of time. You will need to fully pay for your activity/adventure 2-weeks prior to your scheduled activity/adventure. You may adjust any quantities up until 1-week prior to the scheduled activity/adventure and receive a reimbursement/credit at that time for a lesser quantity. Kitty Hawk Kites requires a $200 deposit at the time of booking to reserve/hold your activity/adventure reservation.
- Is the deposit refundable?
- Yes, the deposit is refundable up until 1 month prior to your scheduled activity/adventure.
- What’s the Group discount?
- Group discounts can vary from activity to activity. Some activities/adventures may not be eligible for any group rates. There are some days or periods of the year that may also be ineligible for group rates as our availability it limited by general tourist traffic or even staffing. We will work hard to provide your group with the best rate possible.
- What happens if it rains?
- Sometimes that’s even better! We take safety very seriously – if we deem it to be unsafe to participate in the activity, we will give you the option to reschedule the activity/adventure or take a refund. If it’s cloudy or there are showers in the area, but it’s still safe to offer the activity, we will plan on offering the activity/adventure unless the conditions become unsafe. Some activities are also eligible for non-expiring vouchers called “Wind Checks”…we’ve been redeeming Wind Checks for over 40 years for Hang Gliding!
- If our activity is cancelled by KHK do we get a refund?
- If you are unable to reschedule your activity/adventure, we are happy to provide you with a refund for however much of your experience that you were unable to complete. If you didn’t complete any of the experience, then yes, you would be eligible for a full refund. We are also happy to apply that credit towards anything else at Kitty Hawk Kites.
- Can my trip planner sign an activity waiver for a minor travelling without his/her parent?
- Unfortunately, no this is not permitted. We encourage you to work with our reservations team to get your waivers completed ahead of time to help get all the paperwork squared away before you get to your activity/adventure.
- How many people does it take to make a “Group”?
- This can vary from activity to activity. Group rates for Hang Gliding for instance begin at 10 participants. Group rates are available start at 20 participants for the Corolla Wild Horse Tour.
- Can my group pay individually for their Activity/Adventure?
- They certainly may, but they would not be eligible for the a group rate as group rates are based on a single payment paid by an organization or one individual.