Hatteras Beach Horseback Riding Tours
$100 - Off Season
$120 - Peak Season
- $89 Fall Special
- when you book 3 or more
- Tours Available All Year!!
- Peak Season Dates:
- Memorial Day Week through Labor Day Week
- Off Season Dates:
- all other dates of the year
This tour has VERY limited availability...reserve early to guarantee your spot!
Frisco is about 1.5 hours drive from Nags Head/KDH/Kitty Hawk.
Call 1-877-359-8447 to Reserve over the phone.
Gift Certificates Available
Not sure when to book? Purchase a gift certificate! Gift certificates are non-expiring and transferable.
Explore the Buxton Woods Coastal Reserve and the Cape Hatteras National Seashore on Hatteras Island by Horseback – you will see the natural beauty of Hatteras Island from a completely different perspective!
Take a guided Horseback tour through a Maritime Forest, which is truly unique to the Outer Banks. After your 45 minute trail ride through Buxton Woods you’ll ride your horse over the last sand dune and then ride on the beach! Not only is it an exhilarating feeling to ride so close to the ocean, but you’ll have the opportunity to soak in the beauty of the area with Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and Cape Point off to the left and miles of pristine beaches to ride and enjoy.
This tour is perfect for riders of all abilities from complete beginners to experts and frequent riders.
- Youngest rider allowed is 10 years old and must be 4’8″ tall.
- Weight limit is 200 lbs (strictly enforced). Riders between 175-200 should call to make reservations to ensure a suitable horse.
- Riders should wear closed toed shoes. You will be most comfortable in long pants. Bug spray and sunscreen is recommended.
- Allow 3 hours in your schedule for the ride.
- Bring a SMALL camera – we are always happy to take group photos on the beach for you. No video cameras.
- There is NO SMOKING allowed here at the facility or on the trail ride.
- Helmets are available for all riders and required for riders under 16 years of age.
- We do our best to match you with a horse based on what you tell us your riding ability. Please do not over estimate your ability.
- Please be sure that all riders in your party are in good physical condition. If you have any doubt please ask for your physicians permission.
- People with back or knee problems or hip replacements shouldn’t ride without consulting a doctor.
- Pregnant women CANNOT ride.
- If any rider has a questionable medical issue PLEASE check with your physician.
- Riders with any concerns (physical, mental, emotional) should let us know before the ride so the issues can be addressed. We would like to make it possible for everyone to ride and we are willing to go the extra mile to make it happen.
Explore Buxton Woods and miles of pristine beaches on the Cape Hatteras National Seashore by horseback! Enjoy the unmatched natural beauty of Hatteras Island from a unique and highly memorable perspective. Choose from either a daytime or sunset horseback riding tour. Beach Horseback Riding Tour Options: Off Season | $100 Peak Season | $120 Purchase…More Info >>