Available Internship Positions
Interns must commit to a 12 week internship period with flexible availability: nights, weekends and holidays. Interns must demonstrate a commitment to customer service through great teamwork and communication skills. Dedication to excellence demonstrated by taking initiative and increasing product knowledge.
Retail Management Intern
Hospitality Management Intern
Recreation Management Intern
Graphic Designer Intern
Retail Supply Chain Management Intern
Housing is expensive and can be difficult to obtain on the Outer Banks. For seasonal full-time employees, Kitty Hawk Kites assists on a first-come/first-served basis. Contact Human Resources for more information.
General Information on All Houses:
- All houses are non-smoking and no pets.
- Living areas and bedrooms are shared
- Housing can be co-ed
- No male/female shared rooms are permitted.
- Overnight guest are not permitted
- All housing have on site washer/dryer units.
- Twin size beds will be provided
- Tenants are responsible for linens, pillows and towels.
- Limited parking is available.
- Utilities provided include: Basic TV, wireless internet, local phone service, water, and electrical services
- Security deposits can be made by check, money order or credit card.
- It is recommended that you read the entire contract and understand it before signing (as it is a legal document). Changes in your working conditions do not release you from the lease requirements.
By Private Automobile:
Kitty Hawk Kites locations are generally somewhere along Hwy 12 or Hwy 158 on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
By Public Transportation:
Several airlines fly into the Norfolk, Virginia airport (about 100 miles/2 hours away), and the nearest bus terminal is in Elizabeth City, NC (about 60 miles/1+ hours away).
Possibilities for Transportation from the Airport or Bus Terminals:
Norfolk Airport Shuttle Service – 866-823-4626
From Norfolk (airport or bus terminal), $150+ for one person, $200 for two people From Elizabeth City, $50 for one or $75 for two
Call to schedule and confirm they can pick up (or prices for more than 2)
Coastal Transportation – 252-449-8686
From Norfolk (airport or bus), $100 for one person, $10 apiece for each additional person
From Elizabeth City – $85 for one person, $10 for each additional
Call to schedule and confirm they can pick up.
Coastal Limo – 252-441-2262
From Norfolk airport – $68 for one person, add $10 for each additional
From Norfolk Bus Station – $90 for first person (may not be able to pick up)
From Elizabeth City bus station – $75 (may not be able to pick up)
Call to schedule and confirm
*The above prices are to the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills area, other areas may be additional cost.