Flytec – Variometer 6040 GPS
Give Our Hang Gliding School a Call for Pricing and Delivery Options
The Flytec 6040 is a revolutionary new flight instrument that brings proven state-of the-art 6030 technology to balloonists. It features a large high resolution graphic display in a in sleek and compact housing that is considerably smaller than the 3040. Use with optional Flytec TT34 for accurate and reliable wireless envelope temperature. A built-in GPS that enables a vast array of previously unavailable flight information. In flight, the GPS constantly calculates the wind at various elevations you fly through and generates a wind layer map showing the wind speed and direction on an automatically adjusting altitude scale. The battery supply is two banks of AA rechargeable batteries and the smart battery technology allows the 6040 to auto-switch to the secondary battery bank when the primary bank is depleted. The 6040 has a built-in 3D flight recorder that allows you to download your flights to your PC (via USB port) allowing them to be viewed in FlyChart software (included) or in Google Earth. The very latest in flash processor technology is used allowing the user to easily upgrade the firmware with a PC when new versions and functions become available.
Included with 6040:
- Wall charger cable
- Vehicle charger cable
- USB interface cable
- FlyChart Professional license
- Protective carry bag
- 4 AA NiMH batteries (user replaceable)
- 2 year warranty
- Optional TT34 wireless envelope temperature sensor
- Optional wind sensor available
- Flight instrument with integrated 16-channel GPS receiver w/internal antenna
- Large, high contrast, graphic LCD display (2-3/8″ x 3-1/8″) resolution of 320 x 240 pixels
- Three display screens (Main, Map and Wind-layer)
- Accurate and reliable wireless envelope temperature with temperature and never-exceed warnings (optional TT34 required)
- Wind layer map that shows windspeed and direction on automatically adjusting altitude scale (data derived form flight path)
- Automatic pilot warnings:
- Envelope temperature
- Never-exceed temp
- Altitude ceiling
- Altitude floor
- Ergonomic two-color keypad with easy menu structure with two event driven soft-keys allow access to important functions without navigating through different menus
- Up to 291 hours of FAI/IGC data logging memory at 60 sec record interval, 9 hours at 2 sec and 48 hours at 10 sec (recommended).
- Automatically records a point upon entry/exit of FAI sector/turn point with acoustic and visual notification
- Each track log point records: longitude, latitude, altitude (pressure + GPS based), true airspeed, ground speed
- Compatible with FlyChart which allows easy set-up of functions as well as download/upload of waypoints, routes and flight tracks (PC or Mac running virtualization)
- Up to 200 waypoints can be defined.
- Up to 20 routes, each with 30 waypoints can be stored
- Automatic or manual start and stop of data logging
- Set all user-settings from keypad or FlyChart (incl.)
- Analog and digital display units can be set to the pilot’s preferences (standard or metric)
- Three user-pages with up to 7 user-selectable data fields per page, can be chosen from:
- Envelope temperature
- Maximum envelope temperature
- Ambient temperature
- Altitude in feet (up to 36,000 ft)
- Altitude in m (up to 11,000 m)
- Reference altitude (can be quick-set to 0)
- Cumulative altitude
- GPS Altitude
- Flight level
- Barometric pressure – inHg
- Barometric pressure – millibars
- Altitude ceiling (user set)
- Altitude floor (user set)
- Digital variometer
- Time of day
- Flight time
- Ground speed
- Windspeed (requires optional sensor)
- Distance to selected waypoint
- Distance to end of route
- Distance to waypoint cylinder
- Distance to restricted airspace (must be loaded)
- Distance to take-off point
- Bearing to active waypoint
- Cross-track error
- SMS send interval
- Simulation mode allows flights to be simulated to facilitate learning instrument operation and functions
- Charge both battery banks simultaneously with dual internal chargers
- Accurate battery status shown for both battery banks at start-up, during flight and on shut-down
- Continuously display of TT34 battery status (if used)
- SD memory card slot for future implementation
- User installable firmware upgrades (PC or Mac running virtualization)
- All ports have integral dust covers
- Dimension: 6-3/4″ x 3-3/8″ x 1″
- Weight: 12 oz. (without attachment)
Once again a Moyes hang glider has reset the standard in its class. Utilising the high end technologies and expertise derived from its well respected competition gliders, Gerolf Heinrichs and the Moyes crew have created the Moyes Malibu – a fun class open frame floater hang glider.
Moyes has applied its extensive knowledge of glider production gained through years of developing peak performance gliders to create a glider designed to heighten the pure enjoyment of flight for all pilots – The Moyes Sonic.
The Falcon 3 represents a significant design upgrade to what has been the most popular glider in Wills Wing’s history. Since 1994, the Falcon line has been the overwhelming favorite first-purchase glider for new pilots, as well as a very popular choice for more advanced pilots looking for the easiest, most convenient access to soaring available.
The U2 is a very high performance glider with handling characteristics suitable for pilots with intermediate and higher levels of skills and experience. The U2 is available in two sizes – 160 and 145.
The Sport 2 is Wills Wing’s latest, and arguably their best, in a long line of easy, fun to fly gliders that offer extraordinary levels of performance. Unlike other high performance kingposted gliders intended for pilots with advanced skills, the Sport 2 is suitable for even a true intermediate level pilot.
The Moyes Litesport is arguably the best king posted hang glider on the market. Designed by Gerolf Heinrichs, the Litesport has evolved out of the knowledge and experience base of the Litespeed and performs similarly to a non-king posted glider, while handling like an intermediate glider.
If you are a beginning pilot, you might be facing a task of choosing a hang glider for learning. Hang gliders of Target family allow to take classes beginning from the very first steps and ending in cross-country flights.
This is our most popular harness built with safety, sit-up-ability and comfort in mind
The Flytec 6040 is a revolutionary new flight instrument that brings proven state-of the-art 6030 technology to balloonists. It features a large high resolution graphic display in a in sleek and compact housing that is considerably smaller than the 3040. Use with optional Flytec TT34 for accurate and reliable wireless envelope temperature