Introduction to Flight
Experience one beginner dune lesson at our Jockey’s Ridge location and one tandem aero-tow hang gliding lesson to 2000 feet at one of our parks.
Dune Hang Gliding on Jockey’s Ridge
Your dream of flight can be realized with the professional instructors at Kitty Hawk Kites. Learn to fly on the soft sand and gentle slopes of Jockey’s Ridge over looking both the sound and the ocean. Accompanied by the steady breezes of North Carolina’s Outer Banks, there is no better place to hang glide – that’s why the Wright Brothers chose it, of course!
Tandem Hang Gliding at 2000 Feet or More
Imagine yourself ready to fly. Feel the breeze on your face. The instructor will encourage you to relax and place your hands on the handles at his waist. You feel the ultralight plane take off and the glider makes it’s way to the sky. On this adventure you will get a bird’s eye view of our coastline above the Currituck Sound. This is the ultimate bucket list adventure.
- Fundamentals and Fun with 5 solo flights on Jockey’s Ridge.
- Training Film and Ground School.
- Flight Log and Certificate of Completion of Beginner’s Lesson.
- Equipment for Ground Lessons
- Equipment for Aero-Tow Lesson
- 2000 ft. or Mile High Aero-Tow Flight